Friday, November 25, 2011

Bloom

a poem I wrote

I look at a flower and see myself
delicate and fragile
but oh so beautiful
who opens up to feel the rays from the sun
but who closes up at the slightest chill
The petals representing my life
past love, love to gain and time to heal the pain
as I think about my life
I have fears and doubt
will i be a mother or a wife
I want to feel the warm embrace
that's never ending or fading
to lose myself where i don't know where i end
and he begins
as if our souls become one
with each breath our lives become intertwined
like a vine reaching towards the sky
a constant water supply
quenching the thirst of the flower
and ones true-self begins to show, bloom and grow
Love and life flowing through the stem and leaves
pouring out through the petals
such vibrant colors reds blues and violets
nurtured for growth and love
reaching for the skies above
a life destined to be great
ultimately held in the hands of fate

No comments:

Post a Comment